We are pleased to announce that elective procedures have resumed at Hunterdon Gastroenterology Associates. This means that we are now able to do screening colonoscopies and routine upper endoscopies again.
Hunterdon Gastroenterology Associates prides itself on providing the best gastrointestinal care possible. We are paying close attention to all regulations to make sure that we are keeping our policies up to date.
We are in the process of reaching out to patients that have been postponed, but we are encouraging patients to reach out to us to schedule their procedures. In addition, we are welcoming and treating new patients. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you are experiencing gastrointestinal symptoms or are due for your screening.
New Precautionary Measures for Procedures
Pursuant of NJAC 8:43A, Hunterdon Endosurgery Center has established the following guidelines:
- All patients will be tested for COVID-19 within 96 hours prior to their procedure date.
- The testing will be done in our Flemington office. Your appointment will be scheduled when you schedule your procedure date.
- Patients are to self-quarantine following the COVID-19 testing and up until the day of their procedure.
- Patients are to immediately inform the facility if there is any contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19.
- Patients are to immediately inform the facility if there is any contact with a person with symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
- Patients are to immediately inform the facility if the patient develops any symptoms consistent with COVID-19 while in self-quarantine.
In addition, patients will be prescreened by phone within 72 hours of their procedure date and be screened for symptoms on the day of their procedure.
The Health and Safety of our Patients, Staff, and Physicians is our top Priority.
HGA continues to maintain a healthy and safe environment for our patients, staff, and physicians. The precautionary measures that we have implemented in accordance with state and federal guidelines as well as the CDC recommendations will remain. They include:
- High-level employee protocols that include proper hand hygiene, face masks, eye protection, gloves, and daily employee monitoring
- Meticulous cleaning and sanitizing of all surfaces, patient areas, and equipment
- Stringent social distancing measures
- Pre-screening of all patients for symptoms prior to their in-office appointments
- Restricting visitors/companions from the office to reduce potential exposure to others. Only individuals accompanying patients who require assistance will be permitted to remain with the patient.
- Patients are required to wear a face mask – please come to the office wearing one. If you are unable to obtain a mask, please contact the office before leaving your car and a member of our team will assist you.
We are all in this together.
If you have questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our office. We know how difficult this is for everyone and are constantly monitoring the situation to comply with all recommendations.
Call today to schedule your appointment (908) 483-4000
Do not let your symptoms go untreated.
Thank you for your cooperation during this process.