Experience the goodness of pumpkin seeds in an easy delectable roasted pumpkin seed form!
It’s not Halloween without crunchy, salty, roasted pumpkin seeds. They are packed full of fiber, vitamins, and minerals and they taste incredible.
Pumpkin Seeds help fight cancer and reduce the risk of kidney stones. They are a great source of Omega 3 Fatty Acids and are known to help fight inflammation, lower the risk of a heart attack and protect against Osteoporosis.
1 ½ cups raw whole pumpkin seeds
2 tablespoons butter, melted
Pinch of Garlic Salt or regular Salt (whichever you prefer)
- From a whole pumpkin, use a large metal spoon to scrape out the seeds and strings.
- Transfer the seeds and strings to a colander.
- Place the colander in your sink and rinse the seeds with cool water. While rinsing, sort through them with your hands and pull out the stringy pumpkin guts.
- Place some newspaper on the counter next to the sink for the stringy guts. This allows you to just roll it up and toss the mess when you’re done. There will be some bits of pumpkin still mixed in with the seeds. Just get out as much as you can.
- Spread the rinsed seeds on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Leave the baking sheet on your kitchen counter overnight so the seeds can dry. They will not roast as well if you put them in the oven when they are wet.
- Preheat oven to 325 F degrees. Spray a clean rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Toss seeds in a bowl with the olive oil and garlic salt. Spread the seeds on the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown, stirring about halfway through.
- Taste and season with additional garlic salt if desired.
- Remove them from the oven, taste, and sprinkle with a little additional garlic salt if needed.
- After they cool, transfer them to an airtight container and they will stay fresh and tasty for at least a week or more.
Check out more of our favorite recipes here.