The only thing more painful than a lower gastrointestinal health issue is talking about it.
At Hunterdon Gastroenterology Associates (HGA) we have two goals
- To make you feel comfortable discussing your symptoms, so we have all the information we need for an accurate diagnosis
- To give you the most appropriate and proven treatment for long-lasting relief
Using the most advanced diagnostic technology, we work to diagnose and treat common lower gastrointestinal problems including:
• Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). This includes Crohn’s disease and Ulcerative colitis. Symptoms may range from abdominal pain and diarrhea to loss of appetite, fatigue, nausea, bleeding, and unexplained weight loss.
• Food poisoning. Contaminated food or water can cause diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting that often resolves on its own. Medical attention from a digestive health specialist may be in order.
• Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). The most diagnosed gastrointestinal condition, IBS includes symptoms such as a change in bowel habits (constipation, diarrhea, or alternating between the two) and cramping in the lower abdomen.
• Lactose intolerance. Cramps, diarrhea, and gas could be symptoms of an inability to digest lactose, the main sugar in milk and other dairy products.
We offer the latest testing and treatment options for timely, comfortable, and cost-effective care. Our specialists provide treatment in our offices and in our accredited ambulatory surgery center — the only one of its kind in Hunterdon County.
• Capsule endoscopy. This procedure involves swallowing a small capsule that encases a digital camera and transmits data to a recording device you wear for several hours. This allows us to view areas of the intestine that would otherwise be difficult to examine.
• Infusion therapy. Remicade, Entyvio, and Stelara are just a few of the drugs effective for treating Crohn’s disease and Ulcerative colitis. For this in-office therapy, our staff closely monitors the delivery of intravenous medications. It can offer rapid relief of symptoms and put Crohn’s disease and Ulcerative colitis into remission. This type of therapy has been proven effective for reducing symptoms of Crohn’s disease and Ulcerative colitis for patients who have not achieved good results from oral medical therapy.
Do not wait to find relief from your lower gastrointestinal condition. Schedule your appointment with Hunterdon Gastroenterology Associates today.